Saturday, February 5, 2011

Love Shrine

I created this little shrine for a swap and I think I love it too much to send it along!  I am certain I can create something else just as lovely for my partner and I am lucky that I have plenty of time and supplies.

I started this project by putting an old Altoid tin in my fireplace while enjoying a fire.  I really like the effect this had on the tin.  Old sheet music and scrapbook paper are the base for this mixed media collage.  The heart was purchased at a local craft store and the wings were actually scored in the bead area of that same store.  I simply cut the loop right off the wing.  I do this often in my altered projects as I have a lovely unique little bead shop in town too.  I used a small grungeboard crown and a few gears from a great clock that I tore apart.  Bits of filmstrip, tissue tape, stickels and Perfect Pearls were also used to embellish.


I had every intention of decorating the outside more.  Now that I plan on keeping it and displaying in a little nook, I am going to leave it just as it is!

12 comments:

  1. It's really neat..I don't know much about this stuff, what do you use for glue? I have a lot of media to use around the house...and also have an altoid box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is great! I wish I was on your level. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used several types of glue on this project. For the paper elements I used Matte Gel Medium (love this stuff!) For the bits and pieces of embellishements I used either Glossy Accents or E6000. A mixed media artist has need for many types of adhesive!

    Thanks for visiting and providing feedback people, it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I am a fellow shrine maker as well. Altoids tins are my favorite thing to alter. Nice job!

    eveyinorbit via swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired! I love this tin too. Beautiful papers and colors. Has sort of a steampunk feel to it? Thanks for sharing. TangoAlphaMike *swapbot*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tin! Great job!

    Following you!

    tamtamlee from follow my blog 2 swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  7. It s absolutly lovely.I'd love to try it buy woul'nt have the patience

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is incredible! I would love to know what the box looked like after being in the fire. It's cool to play with the elements and bring something natural into our art. I love those types of effects. I will definitely be joining some of your swaps! I'd be honored to have something you made in my home :) I'm now a follower. I look forward to watching your blog grow and progress. It's a really cool experience!

    Becca (BPositive) from swap bot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sweet!!!! Ichigoshortcake on sb! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sweet, I love this idea, the vintage look you have given it is perfect.
    *arkaya-swapbot*

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is gonna get me motivated to work on the tins i keep saving!! thanks for the inspiration!. leecytx from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!