Well I just could not bear to let go of my first one, so here is the replacement for my partner. I started with the same strategy of burning the paint off of the Altoid Tin. I recently picked up a smaller stack of paper that I would not usually graviate towards, it was filled with pinks, hearts, flowers and the like. I embraced these shabby shades and lined the inside and cover of my tin with pieces from this stack. The edges are covered in Tim's tissue tape and Ranger's stickels. I also used some K Company embellishments left over from my bunny and chick chunky book pages.
The inside also boasts tissue tape along the edges. I can't get enough of this stuff. That said, I do have issues with it not sticking as well as I would like sometimes, but I cure that with a dab of matte medium. The letters and chipboard backing were scored from one of my local scrapbook haunts, Dillons in Portage, MI. They are a lovely bunch over there and they have invited me to teach! I am nervous, but excited at a new opportunity.
I also used a felt heart from Martha Stewart and part of a barrette that I picked up from Goodwill and tore apart. I find neat metal bits there sometimes, in fact, that is where the bobbin came from too. A few little buttons in the corner and a die cut key from who knows where finish off round two of this project for me.
I hope the recipient enjoys. It is quite a departure from my usual brown and earth tones, but it is good to step our of my usual pallet.