Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lover's Lane

Here is yet another simple Chunky House.  The theme of this swap is Lover's Lane.  I set out to create a vintage look and I am happy with my result. 

This was made from cardboard from food packaging.  I layered scrapbook paper for the background.  The paper flowers I made at a make and take at a local scrapbook store.  I jazzed them up at home with gears and metal brads.  The vintage image is from 1934, the lovers are blushing with adore.  I framed out the image with really cool acetate die cuts from Tattered Angels.  The brass heart was part of a barette that I scored at a local thrift shop.  A bit of ephemera, a small key and wax drippings add a few more details to my chunky little house.  At the last minute I framed out the roof with scraps of scrapbook paper, the music pattern was on the back of the paper I used as my base layer. 





10 comments:

  1. Looks great.... love the soft colors and the way you framed the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely house Rhea. Very delicate colours and gorgeous metal pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors... and tissue tape ;p. Great seeing you saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE doing houses! Yours is just lovely. Would make a great swap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I haven't tried my hand at these yet--but they sure are looking fun to create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I love seeing your style in all of your works. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice look and so romantic.
    Following you now from SB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastically done!!! I hope you also go a heart for that swap because you definitely deserved it!! Take care and happy swapping!

    Kendra (hxckendra) from the Blog Followers Swap

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was the host for this swap and I think your work is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!