Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ornamental

I just love to make Christmas Ornaments every year around the holidays.  This year has been no different.  I still have a few more in the works, but I thought I could at least post this installment. 



Like last time, I used white alcohol ink and a bit of stickels to embellish the glass.  The berries were torn from a holiday pick and the awesome green trim was purchased from Tim's etsy.



This one is a favorite of mine. I love the image of Santa.  I also adore the hand blown glass charm that was made by a fellow art charmer, Kia Dallons.  I added a rusty star and a holiday token from Tim.  This week they are asking us to show some stars over at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  I did not stop with one ornament, I added a starry touch to the one below too. 
   

I used a star paper in the background, and made my own star burst by altering a bit of broken jewelry.  I used some vintage tinsel from Tim as well as one of his metal embellishments.  The window is from Prima and it was also inked up with a bit of Smooch. 

 

 Another ornament, using memory frames.  These make for the quickest projects!  The icicle is made from polymer clay, and was received in a swap for holiday art charms and it was made by Laurel Steven.  It has been great having a selection of holiday embellishments at my fingertips to use.



Here is another junque ornament, like my previous entry.  I decided to use one of Tim's keyholes in this one along with some other junque, an art charm, an altered token, some beads etc.  I hope the recipients of these little treasures enjoy and perhaps you find some Christmas ornament inspiration.

Cheers,

Rhea



18 comments:

  1. Ohh I wish I was in your swapping family ;p. Lovely.. I'm gettin that ole christmas bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love how you hung the starfish off the dipper on my glass charm! Very cool idea! Do you mind if I share this photo on my blog, too? I'll credit you, of course. : )

    They are all lovely, and a great way to use the charms from the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhea, your ornaments are fabulous! I love the way you used the stickles and white alcohol ink on the glass!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful selection: I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful decorations, I live them all. Love the little rusty star. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, all of them! You've been inspired! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful, Rhea! What a wonderful way to use some of the charms from our swap. I plan to put some of the charms on our tree, too...and you've given me an idea for using some of the smaller ones...thanks!
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhea...your ornaments are absolutely beautiful! I love each of them! The one you particularly pictured for our challenge is so cool! I love that hand blown star as well!!! It's awesome! You did such a wonderful job putting all of those vintage pieces together into such wonderful little Christmas treasures! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rhea, your ornaments are fabulous and you have done a great job. Your ornaments will always be special to you. The charms and stars are additions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All so beautiful and special! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them! Especially Santa! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ornaments are just stunning! You did a wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are all just so pretty that I can't pick my favourite... so impressed and I would love to see them all hanging on your tree... it must look beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love these!!! so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fantastic and fun. I saw those word charms too! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous ornies! your tree must look spectacular!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!