Saturday, April 9, 2011

Paris and Pendants

Well today I managed to try a few new crafty techniques.  I made two ATC's, which I have not created in quite some time.  This was for a technique swap.  I am really glad I tried it out, I was surprised at how well it worked. 


For these cards I started by stamping a Tim Holtz stamp with white acrylic paint.  After it dried, I buffed in a few hues of Distress Inks.  The key to this technique is wiping down the paint after you have inked.  Once I did this, the white resist really showed through.  I added a few old used postage stamps, air mail stickers, rub ons as well as another stamped image of pen nibs.  The edges were sanded and inked to frame out the cards.  I forgot how much fun ATC's can be.  They are so small and quick!




Another new item I tried was Lisa Pavelka's Magic Glos.  It was really easy and fun.  This resin like material cures in the sunlight or under a UV light.  I had issues with air bubbles, but I really don't mind how they look.  I used some small bits of wonderful paper I picked up at an amazing store in Ann Arbor called Hollanders for the background and layered in bits of watch parts.

5 comments:

  1. okay. now i am done in.
    we have got to do a one on one atc swap.
    yes?
    eh?
    Xx,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is wonderful. I love how you combine all the elements. Each piece has much to look at and enjoy. Where did you find Magic Gloss? I have looked at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I look forward to seeing your work at the next meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, I found it at Hob Lob in the area with the Polymer Clay. It is in a small bottle and it retails for 9.99 (before coupon!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I am always game for a swap!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!