Saturday, April 2, 2011

Grungy Monday No. 1: Steampunk Journey Tag

As many of my readers probably know, I am a big Tim Holtz fan.  Because of Tim, I recently stumbled across Linda Ledbetter's blog.  She is posting a series of Tim inspired challenges, every "Grungy Monday."  I am excited to be able to participate this time around, thus my first entry. 


For this tag I started with the gear and clock mask.  I spritzed various spray inks I had on hand.  A few additional colors were buffed in with my sponge applicator.  I stamped the wing image onto grungeboard, cut and coated with a thin coat of stickles. 

The bottom piece of ephemera is an engine positioned right under a very cool acetate suitcase.  I tucked my pin underneath the strap of the luggage and then added a ticket from my stash.  The tag needed some texture so I used bits of rub ons I had on hand.  The vintage clock face was adorned with a muse token and a spinner, courtesy of Tim.  Finally a bit of lace adds a lovely bit of texture. 

I am looking forward to additional entries in this very inspirational series!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love this tag!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clock with wings - great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe
    i like the suitcase-y thing on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tag!!! Thank youfor sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag.Love it all...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhea, I'm so glad you found my blog, and what a treat it is to see your gorgeous artwork! You absolutely ROCKED this challenge-- every little element is beautiful, and you did a great job re-interpreting Tim's original with your own style. Thank you so much for helping launch Grungy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog and you are now in my list of favorites. I love your style. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!