Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring Cubby



Spring has "officially" sprung finally in Kalamazoo, Michigan!  The sun is out, the birds are chirping and even thought it is chilly, I have a few windows open to welcome some fresh air.  I thought I would celebrate by showing of this fun spring assemblage I recently made for Alpha Stamps.   




This Masonite cubby has 35 small partitions that are one inch square.  I have filled them with all kinds of delightful treasures that remind me of the season at hand.  As I assembled this piece I tried to keep a tighter color palate that was outside my usual range with blue, yellow and pink.




One way to make your pieces unique is to alter your elements along the way.  Above, you can see where I added colors to my bee with liquid pearls.  Also notice on the resin flower towards the top where I used gilders paste.  It works great on all types of surfaces beyond metal such as resin and wood.




I just adore all the cotton spun mushrooms I used throughout the piece. I am not sure why I  obsess over these, but I truly love them.




Lots more altered metal elements down on this section.  The bunny is colored with a bit of alcohol ink to add some depth.  




Overall this piece is probably much smaller than you would ever imagine in real life.   Even though it is small, it is packed with all kinds of spring fun though.
Cheers, 

Rhea

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the bee! All pretty, though. So enjoy seeing what you come up with each time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What a great idea. Have a lovely Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cubby is so cool. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear....what a great job you did on this.it is gorgeous. So very pretty, cute and inspiring.
    Where did you find the Masonite hubby...??
    Thanks a lot for sharing your creative art with us. Love to see what you come up with !
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!