I just love trying new things. It seems like I am always doing "something" for the first time. Here is a picture of my first altered scrabble tile pendants.
I started by creating a small collage on my tiles. In these, I used napkins and postage stamps. I intended for these to be finished at this point, so I added foil tape around the edges. I experimented with folding the extra foil on both the front and the back of the pendant. After completing this experiment, I prefer the cleaner look of folding the extra on the back side.
The bail was then added to the back. I had some trouble finding them, but Hobby Lobby proved to be the spot. I purchased two types, one found in the bead area, and another type found with the glass bead making supplies. I prefer the later, however they are a bit more expensive.
These pendants were then sealed with Glossy Accents. I did not get a very good finish with my first coat of Glossy Accents. I think this was user error and lack of experience. Due to my poor application, I decided to add a second layer. When I was adding the additional Glossy Accents, I remembered that I had just received an order of watch parts. I added them last minute, and I love the way they turned out!