I made these from Spirofoil. I wish they photographed better! I ran this awesome vintage craft find through my Big Shot with the Tattered Floral die, and it cut pretty well. I did have a few corners that were stuck, but I was able to pull them apart with no damage. I colored the foil cut outs with alcohol inks. The center button was chosen and added to a small length of wire, to which I strung my flowers. This allowed a perfect way to attach my large embellishment as well. Hopefully they will be well received by the recipients. As always, the creative process was a joy.
I also recently finished up some chunky book pages. The theme was birds and blooms. I used a vintage bird book I found at an antique shop in Grand Rapids as my inspiration. This was my first time using the flowers you can buy in a jar. I stretched them out by cutting out some flowers, again from my die, with ephemera. I spritzed the flowers with inks and Glimmer Mists to unite them.
I used a bit of distressed sheet music to provide a back drop. I finished the pages off with tissue tape, as you may know, I am addicted. I think this frames out the page well and adds more texture. The back of the page which I did not photograph, is embossed and distressed. I had to make 20 of these babies!!!
I can't wait to see how my birds and blooms Chunky Book turns out!