This tag was created for a swap with the gals over at OWSE. I started by inking with a foam applicator in several colors and then further distressing with spray inks. I used gears and a spinner to create a layered embellishment. The die was my source of inspiration and the subject of my swap. It is by the one and only Tim Holtz. I used alcohol inks directly on the bird to achieve a nice rich color and left the cage as is. A brad is the eye of the bird and a direct application of alcohol ink created the rich red color. I revisited my original crafty passion of beading by adding wired drops with crystals from a broken vintage necklace.
The bird and cage were cut from the coolest stuff ever. I found some vintage craft supplies at an antique show! I scored four packages of foil sheets that originally sold for fifty cents a package. I paid five dollars for the lot, which included two sets of dried up useless paint. The foil cut like butter in my die cutting machine. Pretty cool!