Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Jumping In with Journal52: Week One


I am happy to be starting 2014 off with a few new art adventures.  The first is Journal52, which is a weekly online art prompt and the second is called Creative Jumpstart 2014.  So with the first creative prompt of "up, up and away" and with some inspiration from "jumping," I created my first journal spread of 2014.



I used a journal I had on hand.  In order to keep the book sturdy I plan to reinforce each page with tape.  I think it will end up pretty thick as things progress.  The tape shown here is hot new product from Graphic 45.  I am absolutely in love with it.


I tried to get the texture thing going on this page with layers of ink, molding paste by Liquitex, distress stain, stickels and a few drips of alcohol inks.  I also buffed on some gilders paste, edged my pages with stain and used pencil to make marks and scribble.


The circles were from prints I made on a friends gelli plate a few weekends ago.  I was happy to put one of my freshly made images to use in my journal.  Lots of details and marks were added with markers, paint pens and even water.  I love playing with the distress stains, you can achieve some great texture with this product since it interacts with water.  Here is where I used Natalie's prompts from Creative Jumpstart, using household items to make my marks.



My goal in this book is to actually journal!  This is a tough one for me...one.  Not only do I have to be open to commit words to a page, I have to scribble my handwriting all over the page, which while it may seem simple, for me it is a daunting task.  

Let's see if I can keep this momentum grooving!

Cheers, 

Rhea


5 comments:

  1. A great beginning to what I know will be an artistic, beautiful journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beginning! I love all the texture and scribble on your page. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page!
    my secret for Journaling - I make pockets and put my notes in them so I have 'em but my hand writing isn't; to put quotes etc on my page I will either Stamp them or print them & glue them on
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beauitful page- I love all the texture and dimension - gorgeous color combo too. Great entry for the Liquitex Giveaway! Thank you so much for being part of CJS2014 - Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your page! Just my colors and amount of crazy texture :-D I did also join CJS and still having fun, will be browsing through your blog some more for sure! ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!