Thursday, January 9, 2014

Couture Dress Form



I am excited to show off this little mixed media dress form I made for Graphic 45.  Being able to play with hot off the press craft supplies is one of the coolest perks of being on a design team.




I started off by coloring the Kaiser Craft mannequin with black gesso.




Then I used the brand new washi tape to decorate the edges of the stand.  As most of you know I adore decorative tapes, so I was pretty jazzed when Graphic 45 finally came out with some.




To decorate the bodice I used a new shabby chic metal keyhole.  To create a bit of interest, I backed the opening with a scrap of paper that had a pretty face image on it.




To provide movement, I added a chain I had on hand.  I have oodles of junk that my dad gives me from left over estate sales and this is where I scored this treasure.




I also used the Couture flower die cuts to embellish the skirt area of this project.  I love how their coordinated embellishments make it easy to add design elements.




Also notice the new shabby chic key and brad I used.  The finish on these new staples is really lovely.  It was a little bit hard for me to not horde them!

The final touch is my usual buffing of gilders paste in silver for added texture and framing.  

I hope you liked this fun little project for Graphic 45!  I sure had fun creating it!

Cheers, 

Rhea

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is just too cool! Love love love it! But I can't tell what size it is. Bet it would also be gorgeous in florals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhea! First, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Second, is the mannequin a Graphics 45 product? Where can I buy it? I love how yours came out and would love to give it a try myself. Many thanks for sharing all of your wonderful creations - you are definitely an asset to Graphics 45!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love mannequin and dressmaking themes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. So very pretty. I especially like the way the washi tape hugs all those curvy bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Reah....You sure have the eye for assemblages Congratulations on another gorgeous project..

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!