Saturday, September 27, 2014

Poe Inspired Raven Box


I just love it when a project stretches my creativity.  This was the case for my recent installment for Alpha Stamps.  The theme this month was Edgar Allen Poe and they have a ton of cool stuff to fit the theme.  



The base of my project is one of the new mixed media 5x5 boxes by Graphic 45.  These are so sturdy and make for an awesome base to any project!  With a little bit of Black Soot added to the box, my project was ready for a spooky theme. 





I used the paper from the Edgar Allen Poe kit to make for the perfect background for my box.  Lots of fun trims from the add on kit made for perfect texture.  I could not complete a project without adding a bit of metal, so some filigree were cut to make corners and an ornate key was added too.




The season for fall and creepy stuff is certainly upon us!  Happy Haunting!

Cheers,

Rhea

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!! LOVE the fringe framing the inside of the box!!! Great detail and very spookaliscious! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!