Monday, September 8, 2014

Eerie Tale Letterbox Tray



I just knew that I would have to use Graphic 45's An Eerie Tale in an assemblage tray.  What a perfect partner in Petaloo to create this special project for their current blog hop.  The hop is located on the sponsor pages, and there is a $100 prize at hand!



There are a ton of photos to attempt to capture all of the fun details, so grab a cup of something warm and enjoy this post!




The color palate of Petaloo flowers and Graphic 45 are a match made in heaven.




I chose lots of fall themed embellishments to add to my assemblage as well.  Pumpkins, pears and a few brown toadstools were a great compliment to this tray.  




To add texture I used a leafy vine ribbon from Alpha Stamps.  Also lots of moss and layers add to the dimension.



Notice how I stretch my flowers by cutting them in half.  Yes, it is hard to do, but this technique not only makes your stash go farther, but it adds interest to each little nook.  



The use of the chipboard pieces from the paper line make for easy focals in each little box.  I am always sure to sand and distress the edges with ink for that tattered and worn look.  



A few of the metal staples always end up in my projects for Graphic 45, as they are my favorite.




I also had a few choice paper cut outs from Retro Cafe Art Gallery that fit this theme perfectly, so the raven and the black cat were added.  




And one last shot of the whole thing to end my very long post!



Thank you so much for stopping by! And a welcome to my favorite time of year: Fall!

Cheers, 

Rhea

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! This is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness you project is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so many fabulous details... Gosh... Hours of entertainment !!! And this little owl... Where did you buy him/ her ? It's adorable !!!!!
    Thanks a lot for sharing your art.
    Hugs from Spain..... Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabulous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Letter Box Tray! Great use of the Eerie papers. Thanks for sharing your awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is outstanding! Thank you for sharing where you found the products you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very imaginative. Great use of products. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, just browsing on Pinterest and came across this, it is wonderful

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!