Sunday, January 27, 2013

My lovers mementos, inspired by Pixie Hill



Recently a wonderful post over on Nichola Battilana's blog,  Pixie Hill inspired me to make my own little lover's memento.  Nichola put together a lovely little "how to" that sprang me right into creative action.  Of course my pieces are not nearly as cool as hers are, but I love them because they are personal to me.




On both of these, both inside and out, I utilized tissue tape.  I found that this easily covered my matchboxes and I could alter the surface further as well.  




Creating the inside was extremely fussy and tiny, I got really irritated when things kept falling apart, but I pressed on.  I suppose I took the time to measure things properly it would help, but I am an ad lib crafter at heart.




Of course each and every little element chosen in these little parcels of love, has special personal meaning.  It was fun to root through my stuff and ponder how they could relate to my life and what they could represent.




Thank you so much to Nichola for sharing her inspiration.  I hope you found some as well.

Cheers,

Rhea



12 comments:

  1. I recently saw her post and want to make these but I am having a hard time with the matchboxes!!! I can't find them anywhere!!!! Or a good template on how to make them! YOur are just as fabulous though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I admire that scale of this and your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful! I havn't had time to make any yet and I really really want to. I wish I had more time. I love the little bird and twine in the second one. heck, I love everything. You did a wonderful job.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work really inspires me, Rhea. Thanks for sharing these little love bundles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so wonderful and I'm inspired to try my hand at it myself. Where do you find the tissue tape?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is just fantastic and all that detail! I adore the cover... Drool. You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tiny bits and yours are wonderful. Hope to see them Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, they are fantastic! Absolutely lovely! So glad you made some of your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both so cool....I have some matchboxes for crafting, I'd like to try something like this. I'm just afraid that my big hands wouldn't be able to handle the small trinkets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rhea, these are amazing! I've been wondering what to make the main man for V-day. This is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!