Saturday, September 8, 2012

Halloween Charm



One of my favorite Yahoo groups has to be Art Charms.  I love making tiny little bits of art and trading them with artists all over.  Last year I did not partake in the Halloween antics and I really missed out, this year I was able to join up at the last minute.




The brass ghost has been altered with both black and white Guilders Paste.  Love this stuff!  I used an acrylic sealer to ensure that all my hard work would not wear off. 





The brass stamping base was colorized with Vintaj patinas.  This was my first time using these, even though I bought them ages ago because I "had" to have them.  I do love the finish they created.  It really looked like enameling before I covered it with stickels.  




On the back I also added a tiny little moon detail.  This too was touched with a bit of Guilders Paste to age it a bit.  They were charms that I simply cut the loop off of and then glued with a bit of Hypo-Cement.  Very handy glue, but I always hate that it oozes out as you try to get that needle cap back in.  Ah the joy of crafty "stress."

Stay tuned for lots more Halloween goodness, it seems it is that time of year and I am embracing it.

Cheers, 

Rhea

12 comments:

  1. Love these! The color of the patina is wonderful with the moon and ghosties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little charms. Can't wait to get them in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, dear Rhea! Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable. Definitely would make a cute little added addition to the top of a Treat Bag filled with Halloween goodies!! Love them.

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    Have a great weekend.
    Take care,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable charms... so glad I'm one of the lucky recipients!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little ghostie charms!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!