Sunday, September 16, 2012

Steampunk Cabinet Card Curiosity



One of my recent Alpha Stamps assignments included the creation of some interesting old relatives.  We were asked to alter two cabinet card cover sets, making each of our relatives have a curious element or trick.  I really struggled with the content, but here is where I landed with one of my projects.  There is a swap afoot if you are interested.
 



I used the same dude in my steampunk card.  He was quite popular with the design team ladies!




I went with a grungy look, using embossed aluminum tape to bind the book.  Lots of seven gypsies rub ons and metal hardware add to the industrial look.  




I used some old acetate from packaging to add a curious element to the project.  I was able to float the goggles and gears by doing this. 




Stay tuned there is another cabinet card installment coming soon. 

Cheers, 

Rhea


6 comments:

  1. Love it especially all the embellishments you added

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rhea this is fab you had fun fun didn't you. I love it.I want one..
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to meet this dude in person. Clever use of packaging materials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project, Rhea! So many cool elements... love the eye gear, especially. Great use of those little connectors!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!