Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Graphic 45 Design Team 2012 Audition


Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars. - Les Brown

A recent call for design team members by Graphic 45 has intrigued me enough to shoot for the moon.  I adore their papers, so much so, that I still wince a little inside when I cut their beautiful prints.  I have to keep the outcome in mind as I snip, fold and glue, I also save the smallest bits. They make crafting so intuitive and easy with their offerings.  It is really hard not to achieve a gorgeous outcome when using their wares. I hope you will take the time to enjoy my portfolio of projects intended as a part of my application. 

My most recent project features my favorite paper line ever, Steampunk Debutante.  I used what I had left from completing my Steampunk Mosaic piece, which will be seen shortly.  I hope to get my hands on the Olde Curiosity Shoppe soon.  I am itching to transform that paper into an interesting project or two.   





This altered policy envelope book is filled with the rich imagery provided by this line.  I added lots of metal, found objects, charms and fibers to add lots of interest and movement.  There are tags and pull outs inside each of the pages to provide additional interaction, all made with Graphic 45 goodness.  A few sheets of Botanicabella were used as well, and they blend seamlessly.  If you want to peek deeper inside of this treasure, please see my previous post. 


             
              


This next piece I now have on display in my dining room.  It is the largest project I have made to date, and I really love it.  I often use a close up of this piece as my avatar, I have loving referred to her as the gear gal.  The dimension on this piece was achieved by using small canvases.  The key to a nice composition here was taking some of them off of the large base.  I used lots of gears I purchased at a clock makers estate sale.  Additional bottles and found objects add interest to my eclectic mosaic.  To enjoy more close ups of this project you can explore here or here.





Here is a Kaisercraft clock that I altered with Botanicabella paper.  I love the warm hues and the presence of nature of this collection.  Butterflies are a favorite symbol of mine.  They were used to embellish and add dimension in this simple altered object.








The next two projects are made with another all time favorite from Graphic 45, Once Upon A Springtime.  I have always adored fairies and the rabbits remind me of Peter himself, a childhood favorite.  Another element of this line that I admire is the palate, I love the choices they made in regards to color here. If you want to read more about this project you can find additional information here.








I love all the shells, fibers, buttons and altered pins that give this little book/card dimension.  Another favorite is the vintage key with a heart shaped hole. I showcased one of the postcard images.  As my loyal followers know, I adore all things postal.  The fact that Graphic 45 always has postal elements pleases me greatly.


 


Here is my Once Upon a Row of Houses project. As always the paper is the star and makes for easy work. 






My little row of houses was put on my mantle for blog photos and ended up finding a permanent home there.  One day after purchasing a small paper stack of Christmas Emporium, I had the insight to alter the back of my row of houses in a Christmas theme.  You can read more about that project here.  I love the fact that I can simply reverse it during the holidays to update the theme.





Finally, I wanted to show off one of my assemblage pieces.  I have a real passion for this type of art, so I wanted to include it in my application, even if the project was not Graphic 45 centric.  It is called Steampunk Springtime and this was my first free form assemblage. This piece also put my blog on the map.  I love making something from nothing.  Here is the original post about this piece. 





As always I have much gratitude for those of you who follow along!  I hope you enjoyed this lovely little Graphic 45 review. While it is a bit scary to put myself out there in such a way, I am energized by the chance at a dream.

I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night. - Sarah Williams

18 comments:

  1. as always spectacular creations! Love you work Rhea! Best of luck for the DT position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be scared my friend!!! your pieces are fabulous!!! You also have a great way of telling your story, Best of luck to you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    ♥hugs♥
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all amazing pieces. You should be so proud of what you have created! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhea, your work is always amazing. These pieces are absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhea, this is an amazing collection of beautiful pieces! I love all the detailed work ~ the cuckoo clock adorned with butterflies is fantastic and the large piece on your dining room table is breathtaking. I can't stop ogling the assemblage... I'm off to click on detail links. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhea - stunning work! Best of luck to you.

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck. Your work is beautiful. I'm hard put to say what I like best as it's all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow wow!! These are all STUNNING!!! Just absolutely brilliantly GORGEOUS!! Good luck with the call!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work. I think you definitely belong on the design team; good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a little late to the Party—I just found your blog... Hooray! What stunning work. You Are an inspiration and a delight...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good luck Rhea, I have my fingers firmly crossed for you! I love your work, and like you really love Graphic 45. The designs are just stunning, but so is what YOU do with them. I hope that you are successful. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Work is stunning. Thanks for sharing! You have a gift that you share with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you. Your work is just beautiful. Good Luck.... Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is awesome, I'm keeping good thoughts for you...you are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning hun, I love all your pieces, I fell the same way when cutting into my g45, All the best for the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rhea, your work is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm in awe, so much time and detail went into the pieces you made and they are just stunning!! G45 team would be lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. I cannot believe your creations. So very beautiful. Would love to see you (us) make this design team. You are very inspiring indeed!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!