I have been so excited for these new Archival Cast Relics and Artifacts by Prima to come out. They are just as amazing as I had hoped, and no matter what you do to them, you can make it work. This project is proof of that!
I started by staining a Walnut Hallow plaque I had on hand. I followed up with an edging of glitter and then some Inka gold. The stenciled words are actually with the Inka gold too and I rather like how they turned out.
The heart was treated with many mediums, too many in fact. In the end I coated it with super fine glitter and accepted all the bumps and texture since I had played just a little too much. The wings were treated with silver leaf and I think it worked perfect.
Under the heart is a wooden medallion thing that I purchased at a big box store. I also treated it with leafing and matted it with paper from the Cartographer paper line.
I used gelatos, stickels and Twinkling H20's on the top portion of the heart. A few pieces of vintage rhinestones add a nice detail behind the tied on key.
Beware, I am going to guess these relics will be showing up in lots of my posts!