Saturday, March 21, 2015

7 Gypsies Serengeti Receipt Holder


Today I took some time to finally play with some of my new goodies from Canvas Corp.  I created this mixed media receipt holder with the Serengeti paper as the springboard for inspiration.




In order to add a layer of texture I used a few fun things. One is resin covered tissue that has been ripped and torn.  I also used some tissue tape.  The tissue tape was added over the edges to break up the hard lines of the receipt holder.    




Yet another fun element in this project are the patches.  I added them with vintage pins in the brass color.  



I am always trying to fill in every nook and cranny.  To that end, I also added some labels that I embellished with rub ons.  




I was able to sneak in a bit of twine by attaching it to a few of the global tags.  This adds more texture and a bit of movement.  




 Lots of the mini ephemera and vintage photos were used as well. 




This project was so super fun and it really came together quick.




As I created this I thought of an old friend of mine.  She is doing everthing she can right now to find a way to volunteer in Africa to save animals, specifiacally rhinos.  I wish her the best in achieving her mighty dream!




I hope you enjoyed today's post.  As always I treasure being able to share my goods with you all.  It inspires me so!

Cheers, 

Rhea


2 comments:

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!