I have been really excited to show this piece off on my blog. I was lucky enough to be able to make two of these for Alpha Stamps. As soon as I got them, I knew I had to fill one up with my junk. To see lots of good stuff used from Alpha Stamps, you can go here.
The edges of the piece were rubbed with gilders paste to give it a nice sheen. I used tissue tape to cover the tricky inside edges. I also was able to cover some crooked cutting with the tissue tape too!
Inside each little cubby are lots of fun little bits of junk some real, and some reproduction. You can hardly tell the difference in my opinion.
The clock faces are by Prima, and I adore them. I floated them on top of the assemblage since they were too large to tuck inside. This strategy also allowed me to be able to add the light bulbs. At first, I thought they were going to be off scale and I did not think I could use them.
Here you can see some of my tiny details. I strive to add things on each surface of the cubbies, so when viewed from any angle, there is interest. I also altered the light bulbs by adding paper behind them and scratching the words off of some of them.
I was able to clean out a few bowls of treasures I had lying around as I fished for little bits to add. You would probably be surprised at how small, yet heavy this really is. Each of the squares are only a cubic inch.
This is probably one of my favorites in my collection of creations so far. I hope you saw a tidbit that inspired you along the way!