I did something new when making my tool, I tried sewing. I had made it up in my head long ago that sewing was too hard and not for me. My local art pals literally applauded me when I "came out" about my new media, as they knew how serious I was about not venturing into this line of creating. How fun to break free of a story I made up that no longer suited me and try something new.
I used a bunch of charms that were from a Springtime in Paris themed swap I did a while ago in my Art Charms Group as embellishments. I did not use all of them, just a few that I created a special meaning for and that matched the palate I had chosen.
Each card is two pieces of scrapbook paper sewn together with two index cards sandwiched inside to make them more sturdy. I stained the edges to make them look finished as well.
Lots of glitter was added to each card too with stickels. I think this added a nice texture and shimmer to these cards. An eyelet was placed in the corner of each piece and then I used a book binding ring to hold the cards and the charms together.
I did have some troubles with tension when sewing my first time out, but I love the rustic look of it all. I easily embraced my imperfections on my new art elements and pressed on!
We also altered a box to hold our "Decision Maker" and our "Play lists." My box was purchased at a thrift store for a buck and I just altered it up with gesso, tissue paper and Inka Gold. A latch and a knob was also added both by 7 gypsies.
I had fun making my "play list" dividers and cards by using the same sewing approach. The nice thing about combining paper like this, no wrinkling from glue and zero dry time.
Pretty good stuff all from one class! And yep, there is still one more project to show off. Stay tuned!