Sunday, January 8, 2012

The mechanics of love

As some of you may have noticed, I recently made some Valentine's Day themed items. As I was creating them, my muse struck in major way. I literally stopped my project in motion to make this little guy, even knowing the name of blog post as I crafted away. 

The thought was to make a fortune teller.  After all, most people want to know about love and relationships when seeking esoteric advisement, and the season of love is upon us.  Well, I started out with the intention to try and keep it a bit more feminine and frilly.  As you can see the first one did not come out that way, my love for steampunk took over.  I could not believe I found this key with the heart in my stash, talk about a perfect score.  I was also surprised at the little pair of angels I located. 






This project is worthy of the theme this week over at Simon Says Stamp and Show, is for something old and something new.  The old here is represented in the vintage key and clock gear. The new is the distress stains.  I received a bunch more colors for Christmas, and I am addicted.  It is right up there with my tissue tape addiction. 

I am off to make a few more of these for a little local shop.  I will hop back on and add a few more photos when I get them done.  I think this idea would translate well for you card makers out there too. 

Cheers,

Rhea



10 comments:

  1. wow. you are just a fantastic artist. Love your steam punk spirit.

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just incredible! So glad you let your muse take over and lead you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime Steampunk takes over its a good thing! LOL
    Love your little fortune teller.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - I really like the deep rich colours you've used here, very fiery! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous...to say the least!!! Looking thru and I really love it all! Is this an ATC size?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Valentine-ish Fortune Teller is really vintage looking! I love the colors you chose. I'm a Distress ANYTHING addict..but I do love the stains, too! Love your design! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, your colors are so rich! Love the spinner. Great project, Rhea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool, I'm glad you stopped what you were doing to put this gem together. It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!