Friday, July 25, 2014

Xyron and Maya Road Blog Hop


What a great opportunity to get to play with lots of fun stuff from  Maya Road and Xyron this past month.  



I started the background of this great Vinatage Tin with Bohemian Bazaar paper by Graphic 45.  In order to fill in all the ripples on the heart tin, I used some stickels to cover where the paper did not meet the edge.




To add some layers I used the crochet trim from Maya Road in yellow.  It made for a nice frame for the sentiment to pop.  The fun shaped paperclip was also added for dimension.  The sentiment really stands out with bright framing and lift from the clip!




After I had finished my focal piece, I decided to make this into a magnet and  Xryon was the perfect answer!




This was my first time using the magnet tape and it is seriously great.  I was so surprised at the strength!




To cover up the tape on the back I ran a heart shaped peice of coordinating paper through my 5" Creative Station.




The tape was super easy to pull off the handy dispenser.  I was sure to trim it away from the edges so it would not be showing.  




I then added my sticky heart from the previous step and it makes a nice finished backing!




Here is is in action on my fridge!  This could also be a great embellishment for a card, or even made into an ornament with a bit of ribbon at the top.  

I hope you enjoyed today!

Cheers, 

Rhea

5 comments:

  1. That is an awesome gift idea!!!! very awesome, I need to pick me up some of that magnetic tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I like this! Great way
    to use the tin and the
    magnets.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely magnet. It's nice to know there's a magnetic tape that's strong enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors and the cute paperclip echoing the heart theme. You mention a blog hop in the title but no explnantion or link. What blog hop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun magnet! Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete

All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!