Friday, April 11, 2014

Steampunk Mucha Arch

This project has been lying on my work table half finished for ages!  As I was trying to get some cleaning done in my crafty space, I was of course distracted by this little unfinished object.

The background paper is from Graphic 45's Steampunk Spells.  I also used the tiny gears from the Steampunk Spells Flowers when I was adding all the fun embellishments.

In order to add a bit of mystery, I had to use some glitter.  I added some highlights with stickels glitter glue in two different colors.  Also used were some gear die cuts someone gave me as I still need to purchase this one.  To give the gears texture I misted them with Perfect Pearls.

The base of the project is from Gina's Designs. It was painted with black gesso and then dusted with a bit of copper gilders paste. Of course I had to add lots of metal do dads to give the piece some weight and interest. 

I just love how this one turned out! 




All the comments and feedback you leave affirms my creative spirit on a very deep level. I am grateful for your time and readership!